Used by tens of thousands of system administrators worldwide for
over seven (7) years, Hyena is known throughout the industry as one of
the top Windows management utilities.
Using the built-in Windows administration tools to manage
a medium to large Windows NT or Windows 2000/2003 network can be a
challenge. Add multiple domains, hundreds or thousands of servers,
workstations, and users, and before you know it, things can get out of
hand. Hyena is designed to both simplify and centralize nearly all of
the day-to-day management tasks, while providing new capabilities for
system administration. This functionality is provided in a single,
centralized, easy to use product. Used today by tens of thousands of
system administrators worldwide, Hyena is the one tool that every
administrator cannot afford to be without.
Hyena uses an Explorer-style interface for all operations,
including right mouse click pop-up context menus for all objects.
Management of users, groups (both local and global), shares, domains,
computers, services, devices, events, files, printers and print jobs,
sessions, open files, disk space, user rights, messaging, exporting,
job scheduling, processes, and printing are all supported.
In addition to supporting standard Windows system
management functions, Hyena also includes extensive Active Directory
integration. In fact, Hyena can be used on any Windows NT/2000/XP/Vista
client to manage any Windows NT 3.51, 4.0, Windows 2000, Windows XP, or
Windows Server 2003 installation.
Hyena also includes full exporting and
Microsoft Access-based reporting options. All of these features are
part of the Standard Edition of Hyena. The Enterprise Edition adds
support for Terminal Server user properties, Exchange 5.5/2000/2003
Server mailbox integration, and WMI integration.
- View your entire Windows NT/2000/2003/XP network from one easy to use Explorer-style interface and make management a snap!
- Audit your system configuration and quickly find security holes that need to be plugged.
- Quickly generate reports for meetings or to use for further research to determine problem spots.
- Change passwords for local administration accounts on multiple computers at once.
- Find out which services are running and quickly show startup
information; make changes to those services on all computers at once!
- Go beyond the limits of Microsoft's MMC and help you manage Windows
2000/2003 and Active Directory quickly and easily. More...
- Control popular remote control programs, including VNC, with one utility.
Hyena v7.3 New Features:
Improved User Copy Options
The 'Copy User' function has been improved to allow selectable
attributes to be copied. Plus, named templates can be created for even
faster selection of common user copying scenarios.
New Active Directory Features
* Methods to change the sequencing of AD queries on menus and adding separators for improved visual organization.
* Direct access to Group Policy Management Console (GPMC) reporting options.
* Capability to view users, groups, and computers objects as containers.
* Increased the maximum number of user-defined tools to 99.
* Enabled displaying a disabled user account icon when viewing group members on Windows NT or local user groups.
* Changed Hyena event searching method to always allow searching in the
event description field even if its not been added to the display
columns. Previously, Hyena would only enable the option to search the
event description field if it was displayed.
* Modified the Send Message function to allow entry of optional 'From' field.
* Fixed a problem causing Hyena to crash when a root computer or domain
controller object was right clicked on in the left tree window.
* Increased size of Manage Directory Attributes multi-value edit dialog and fixed problem with long text not being scrollable.
* Created a new warning dialog when copying data to the clipboard/file
(Control-C) that may have been truncated due to Windows limitation. The
warning message can be disabled after seeing it for the first time.
* Created a new warning dialog when copying data to files (Control-C)
and the output file already exists and will be overwritten. The warning
message can be disabled after seeing it for the first time.
Removed the restriction of not being able to use the '' character in a
username since this character needs to be used when creating 'escaped'
character sequences for LDAP compatibility.
New Advanced Settings
* Added an advanced registry value for controlling the command used to
edit Group Policy Objects. To change the default command used, which is
"mmc gpedit.msc /gpobject:"%s", create a registry value named
"GpoEditCmd" under the
HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareAdkinsResourceHyenaAdvanced registry key. Set
this value to be a REG_SZ datatype and put in the command string to
use. Use a %s as a placeholder for the GPO object GUID ID.
Exporter Pro Changes
* Added option to export computer Sessions.
* Added option to export user full name and comment on user group members on Windows NT or local groups.
* Added count of objects processed on export completed progress messages.
* Added NO_SD_ADMIN_ONLY as display of security settings for admin shares (ie C$, D$, etc.)
Size: 3.2 MB