Serv-U is a powerful, easy-to-use, award-winning FTP server created by Rob Beckers.
An FTP server uses the FTP protocol to share files across the Internet.
Serv-U is not only 100% compliant with the current FTP standard, but
also includes numerous features unique to Serv-U that make it a perfect
file sharing solution for virtually everyone. Flexible FTP server (or
Daemon) for all 32-bit versions of MS-Windows (Windows 2000 (Advanced)
Server, 2000 Professional, Windows XP Home / Professional, Windows
Server 2003, Windows Vista). It turns any PC with a network connection
into an FTP site on the Internet. Serv-U makes a vast array of features
available to the user that ensures the administrator has full control
over their FTP server.
Serv-U offers the following:
- Easy to set up and use.
- A Windows standard, with over 50000 registered users!
- Support for Secure-FTP through SSL/TLS.
- Support for ODBC databases for accounts.
- Lots of security through passwords, read/write/append/modify rights
per directory or file for each user (including Anonymous), and access
restrictions based on IP address.
- Fast and rock solid!
- Multiple 'virtual' FTP servers can be set up on a single instance of Serv-U.
- Server can be administered remotely.
- Supports S/KEY one-time passwords.
- Support for temporary accounts that are automatically deleted upon expiration.
- Support for UL/DL ratios, disk quota limitations, network bandwidth
limiting, and automatic anti-anti-time-out plus anti-hammering
- Full UNC path support.
- Support for virtual paths. Directories or drives can be mapped to any location in a user's directory structure.
- Support for 'links' such as those used in UNIX.
- Full support for all 'ls' directory listing options.
- Support for messages to users, or from users to the server.
- Users can be put into groups for easy maintenance of large numbers.
- A complete implementation of the FTP standard in RFC959, RFC1123,
RFC1760, RFC2228, RFC2246, RFC2289, RFC2389 and the Secure-FTP draft.
- Supports resuming of file uploads and downloads.
- Configurable messages for sign-on, sign-off, login, and directory changes.
- Has time-out and time-limit features, so connections are automatically
cleared when idle, hung, or connected too long.
- Easy to setup and maintain through a separate administrator program.
For automated maintenance the settings are stored in either an .INI
file, registry, or ODBC database of simple format.
- Has an open architecture which makes monitoring, changing and extending the server behavior possible through external DLLs.
- Logs all transactions to file and screen that can be read by other
applications. Includes unique session IDs, time, and date stamps.
Serv-U Corporate addresses the need for a business-class FTP server
with no limitations and the ability to grow with your business. With
this in mind, Serv-U Corporate allows the following:
- ODBC database support
- Integrated SSL Support
- Unlimited domains with an unlimited number of concurrent connections
- Unlimited number of user accounts
- Support for directory mapping and links
- Support of UL/DL ratios and quotas
- Support for remote administration
- Windows User NT-SAM / Active Directory Support
Size : 10 MB